There are five types of seva:
- The first type of seva is when you do not even know that you are doing seva. You do not recognize it as seva because It is your very nature – you cannot but do it!
- The second type of seva is what you do because it is needed in that situation.
- You do the third type of seva because it gives you joy.
- The fourth type is done out of your desire for merit – you do seva expecting some benefit in the future.
- And the fifth type is when you do seva just to show off, to improve your image and to gain social or political recognition. Such seva is simply exhausting, while the first type does not bring any tiredness at all!